Northwest Rural Water District
Northwest Rural Water District (NRWD), with offices located in Cody, Wyoming, is accepting applications for the position of District Manager.
The District maintains more than 250 miles of 2” to 12” water distribution pipelines, just under 3,100 individual meters and pressure regulators, 35 storage tanks, 7 pump stations, 14 pumps, 3 flow control stations, and SCADA system. All located within 162 square miles of northern Park and Big Horn Counties, Wyoming.
Duties & Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Oversee the daily operation of the District.
- Maintain the District’s CIP.
- Develop annual operating/construction budgets.
- Personnel management.
- Manage state/federal grant and loan funds.
- Work for and report to an elected Board of Directors.
- Deal with customers on a regular basis.
- Work with District’s engineers.
- Development of construction and maintenance projects.
Experience/Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Personnel management experience.
- Experience with project development and contract administration.
- Grant and loan writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from and accredited college or university with a major in Business, Public Administration, or Engineering, or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, rural water system operations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources management.
- Understanding of SCADA systems.
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office programs.
- Hold or acquire a Wyoming drivers license.
- Experience or ability to work with Wyoming DEQ, Wyoming Water Development Office, and Wyoming Office of State Lands and Investments.
- Experience with GIS mapping.
- District pays 100% of employee’s Wyoming Retirement.
- District pays 100% of Delta Dental policy for employee and his/her immediate family.
- District pays 100% of health insurance for employee and his/her immediate family.
- District pays 100% of employee $20,000 life insurance policy.
- Paid sick leave, vacation, and 10 paid holidays per year.
- This is an exempt position with a salary range of $85,000 to $105,000 per year, DOE.
Northwest Rural Water District is a drug and smoke-free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. Persons interested in this position should submit a letter of interest, resume, work history, and names of three professional references (with contact information) by December 31, 2019 to Manager Position, Board of Directors, Northwest Rural Water District, P. O. Box 2347, Cody, Wyoming 82414, or e-mail to; firstname.lastname@example.org.